Summertime is a great time to spend your evenings outdoors with the company of friends and family. Nothing ruins those evenings like mosquitos biting at your ankles. Our DIY Citronella Floating Candles Kit comes with easy to follow directions and everything you need to make your own citronella floating candles!
- Soy Wax Candle Flakes
- Decorative Flower Mold
- Citronella Candle Fragrance Oil
- Candle Wicks (10)
- Toothpicks (10)
Other Household Items (not included):
- Pyrex Bowl/Mason Jar
- Hot Pad
- Cooking Spray
- Stir stick/spoon
- Container to hold floating candles/water
- Lightly coat decorative mold with cooking spray- it makes your candles pop out easier!
- Pour soy wax candle flakes into Pyrex bowl or mason jar & microwave wax in 30 second increments, stirring wax until completely melted. (Make sure you have your hot pad ready!
- Use hot pad to carefully remove Pyrex bowl or mason jar; quickly stir in citronella candle fragrance oil. (You can also add essential oil for added fragrance! Our favorite is lemongrass-it smells great and is used for repelling insects!)
- Pour melted wax & citronella mixture evenly into decorative mold.
*Don’t forget to show off your final projects on Instagram and Facebook! Tag The Hippie Hobby for a chance to be featured as a repost- @TheHippieHobby #TheHippieHobby