There isn’t a better feeling in the world than having a lip balm that gives you smooth, soft lips. What’s even better is knowing that YOU made the lip balm yourself! Our DIY Hip Lips Lip Balm Kit comes with everything you need to make 8 natural lip balms for yourself-even the essential oils are included! Have your own favorite essential oil? Feel free to substitute it in and make these lip balms your own!
- Sunflower Oil (2 ½ Tbsp.)
- Organic Shea Butter (1 Tbsp.)
- Beeswax Pastilles (½ Oz.)
- Peppermint or Sweet Orange Essential Oils (your choice!)
- Elastic Hair Tie (1)
Materials Not Included:
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Hot pad
- Optional-mineral eye shadow or a sliver of lip color you like
- Put the sunflower oil, Shea Butter, and Beeswax Pastilles into a microwave-safe pyrex bowl. (Tip-If you want tinted lip balm, add mineral eye shadow or a small sliver of your favorite lipstick!)
- Put the microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each 30 second interval, until melted. Be sure to use a hot pad when handling the bowl-it will be hot!
- Once the mixture is melted, add in 10-15 drops of peppermint or sweet orange essential oil and stir. (Tip-The more essential oil, the stronger the scent will be. If using peppermint oil, adding more oil will make the lip balm tingle more when applied.)
- Carefully pour melted oil mixture into lip balm containers. Allow to set for 15 to 20 minutes.
Didn’t get a chance to order this box yourself? We have it for sale in our shop 🙂