How to make DIY soy wax candles using mason jars, essential oils, and about 20 minutes of your time. The smart way to DIY for girls nights, gifts and crafts. Whether it is the holiday season or all year long we have those people in our lives who give us gifts, but we have forgotten about them, dangit! During the upcoming holiday season, there are aromas everywhere. Whether it is pumpkin spice, peppermint or cinnamon, we want to make our homes smell inviting and not like we just frantically cleaned the house.
How to make DIY Soy Wax Candles Using Mason Jars
What you need:
- 2 cups of Soy Wax Flakes (makes one 8 oz candle)
- Scented Candle Oil (we used vanilla)
- Wax Coloring (Optional — we used a scented vanilla scented wax melt)
- Microwave-safe dish (to melt the wax)
- Low-Flame Candle Wicks
- 1 – 8oz glass jar (we used a mason jar)
- Glue (to adhere the wick to the base of the jar – we used all-purpose craft glue)
- 1 – Chopstick, spoon or skewer (to hold the wick in place while pouring/cooling)
- Prep 8 oz. mason jar — use glue to adhere the base of the wick to the bottom of the jar. Once glue sets, twist wick around chopstick (you can also use the handle of a spoon or a skewer) to keep the wick centered.
We hope you enjoyed our smart way to DIY. We would love to see your DIY mason jar candles. Post your photos to Instagram using #TheHippieHobby. Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!